Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Mellow Sound



In a previous post I mentioned the launching of my husband's new radio station. The Mellow Sound...truly a labor of love and truly a laborious process.

My husband's passion is music. Not his own music, but the music of others. And he loves all different kinds of it. He remembers what it's called, who did it, and what he was doing the first time he heard it. That's definitely not me. I have vague recollections of the music I've listened to. I can never remember the titles, the artists, or even much of the lyrics. But I like it when I hear it.

My husband has an extensive music collection. We have cases of actual records in the garage, several racks of CD's in the house, and full music files on the computer. After we were married we spent many a weekend in used record stores collecting ALL of the hits of the 70's. Those finds make up the garage collection. The CD collection has lots of smooth jazz. We are always teasing him about his "no-word" music collection. Especially the Christmas CD's. You'd be hard pressed to find a Christmas CD with words on it in our house. And then there is his mellow sound music, that makes up much of what is in the computer files.

And that leads us to The Mellow Sound. His very own radio station. His very own creation. A dream come true! Any words that I could use to describe The Mellow Sound would certainly not do it justice. But please click on the links and find out from his own words what it is all about.

What I can speak to is the passion he feels for this project and the hurdles he's had to jump to get it off the ground. The learning curve for this as been at times most overwhelming. If not for the help of our very computer literate son I don't think this would be happening. And it's not come easy for him either. There has really been one glitch after another. Every step has been a mountain to climb. But he keeps pressing on. His desire for this is that great. This is a project full of love. He loves to find really good music that few people have heard of and then share it with them. He is at his best when he is able to share.

And I am so proud of what he has accomplished. And so excited for what is to come. And I so hope that you will all give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment