Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hats

One of my Christmas presents was a circular knifty knitter. I can make hats with it. All different kinds and sizes of knitted hats. I've made two already.

I've always wanted to knit. I've always thought it would be good to have a knitting project going so I could take it with me places when I'm playing the waiting game. And I play that game quite a bit and I'm actually pretty good at it. But I think I'd be even better it I could bring my knitting.

And now I can!

I love making those little hats. They are just addicting. Once I get started I just can't stop. I can sit there for a couple of hours just doing row after row after row. I don't want to get up to get a snack, or to do to the bathroom, or even to change positions, I just knit...row, after row, after row...

Now here in lies the problem. What am I going to do with all of those hats? I've already made my daughter one and she loves it and wants more, so that's good. Christmas is over but I can always start making hats for next Christmas. Or I can donate them to a homeless shelter. Or maybe I can make little hats for preemies.

I can also invest in the long knifty knitter. And then I can make scarves, baby blankets, even afghans.

But for now I'll keep making hats.

Would you, by any chance, like a hat?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I sure would like a Jazz hat. It has to have the "official" mountain range image of the Jazz. Can you do that??

    ReplyDelete