Sunday, January 24, 2010

MORNING musings??

I'm wondering what's with this title I've chosen? I never post to this blog in the morning. As a matter of fact I'm sure that I probably won't ever post to this blog in the morning. I'm much more likely to write something in the late afternoon or early evening. What was I thinking? Morning Musings?? But what's done is done. I don't think I can change the title. And I don't want to move...I just got here...so Morning Musings it is.

That is so typical of me. Something turns out to be not quite right and I don't go out of my way to fix it, I just figure out how to adapt to it.

I remember years ago, we had this white Aerostar van and the electric window on the driver's side stopped working. Did I have that fixed? No I learned how to slide (push) the windows up and down with my hands.

We have a double sink in our master bedroom and the faucet on "my" side is very difficult to turn on...so I just use the other side.

We have a pool table and for the longest time we couldn't find one of the pool balls..no problem...we played nine ball.

We have an electrical outlet in the kitchen, the one in the most convenient spot, but for some reason the cords won't plug into it...well I go out of way to use the one on the other counter. Never mind if I have to move everything around just to accomplish that.

I don't know what it is about me, but I don't like to go out of my way to get these things fixed. I don't like having to call in repair men, and I don't like having to take things places. In my mind it's just easier to find a way around it.

Until the poop gets to high that is...

Which reminds me of a story that I've heard Dr. Laura tell. When she was in graduate school she had this very dignified lady professor. The kind without so much as a hair out of place. And she told of these people who lived in a house with no bathroom and slats for a floor. Well since there was no bathrooms they did their ummm business...yes, through the slats. And they just kept it up, until of course the poop got too high and they had no choice but to find a different answer.

Actually I think that's the way a lot of us are, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment